THE AIM/WHAT/INTENTION: At MonstarHealth we specialise in children’s health and wellbeing. We believe and are passionate about health being, not only about one specific component, but core four components to achieve our best self!
- Emotional Intelligence and Development
- Resilience Building
THE HOW: Our program will run during school hours over a 4 week period (to be adapted to fit school terms). This program covers preps to grade six’s with the program modified to fit each year level.
THE WHY: At Monstar Health we are passionate about a person’s wellbeing, this should be shaped by more than just “feeling well”. We are adamant about how the components we cover contribute to help our kids to be the best versions of themselves. At the conclusion of this program your schools’ kids, will be equipped with the tools to continue with a healthy fitness level, nutritional information to help fuel their bodies, ability to identify stressors and acknowledge difficult emotions. With the skills and qualities to build strong and healthy relationships, along with the tools to overcome and move forward from tough times.
THE WHO: Director and Head Coach Ashtyn, is in charge of and designed our emotional intelligence/development and resilience-building program. Below is a brief description of her qualifications:
§ Bachelor of Social Work
§ Diploma of Counselling including 2x Study Majors of:
o Abuse Counselling
o Child Development and effective parenting § Working with Children’s Check
§ Police Check Work History
Five years Family Services Case Manager, working with vulnerable, complex and high needs families. Including individual and one on one work with children who have and are experiencing trauma.
- CRAF training
- Trauma Informed Practice training
- Family Violence Court Integrated Services Program Case Manager, Melbourne
- Social Worker, Royal Children’s Hospital
Director and Head Coach Shane, is in charge and designed the Sports/Fitness and Nutrition sessions and if required can co-ordinate extra Coaches. Below is a brief description of his work history & qualifications:
- Diploma in Sports and Recreation
- Diploma in Event Management
- Cert III Fitness
- Cert IV Fitness
- Level 1 Sports Trainer
- Level 1, Senior First Aid
- Working with Children
- - Personal Trainer (BM Health and Fitness) 2014-(Current)
- - Director/Head Coach Mini Monstars 2014 – (Current)
- - Little Footy Tackers Manager – 2012-2014
- - Accelerate Head Coach 2012-2014
- - Head Coach Little Footy Tackers -2010-2012
- - Kelly Sports Coach – 2011-2012
- - Focus Fitness – Youth Fitness – 2012/13
- -Altona Early Learning Pre School – 4 years (Little Footy Tackers)